Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Lentil Pasta


Sliced Tomatoes before cooking

Tomatoes after Cooking





We were made Lentil Pasta. We have made the Lentil Pasta many times. If you are reading this, you have seen it repeatedly described. I hope you have made it. It is wonderful. 

In the summer when tomatoes were at their best we made several batches of Oven Candied Summer Tomatoes from: The Italian Country Table by Lynne Rossetto Kasper. We then freeze the tomatoes for use in the winter when delicious tomatoes are hard to come by.

We Candied the Tomatoes before we used them. You can find the recipe on our blog of: July 22, 2008. Click the date to get the recipe. It is easy to candy Tomatoes and they can then be frozen for future use.

I read an article about a new shape for Pasta: Cascatelli. Of course I had to try it. It turns out you can only purchase 10 pounds at a time. I did. I am gifting it to friends, I have so much. The pasta actually is rather thick. More like a thick lasagna noodle texture. I can't say I can recommend it, hence the gift to friends. You can read about here: Sporkful.

We started with a Nectarine Salad with Speck. We liked the smokey taste of Speck better than Prosciutto.

No comments: