Friday, July 04, 2014

July 4th

Doshi's July 4th Pie - How Patriotic (and good)
Water Mellon Salad and lots of sides from Bludsoe's

Ribs!, Pulled Pork!, Smoked Brisket



Every year for July 4th we invite people over to watch the fireworks from our deck. It overlooks the entire city and the sky explodes with fireworks.

I always drive down to Compton to get Ribs, Smoked Brisket and Pulled Pork from Bludsoe’s. They now have a restaurant closer to us, but I am OG and want the original.

Michael said he would drive down with me to pick up our rather large order (we had 17 people over and I wanted to have leftovers)! Even though I had called in the order the day before specifying a time I would pick the food up it was a 2 hour wait. The room where you get the food, is very hot and poorly ventilated. We were soaked. The upside is the smell of the food and the people watching as everyone standing around is salivating waiting for their ribs.

Cathy and I made, once again, the Watermelon and Feta Salad from Plenty by Yotam Otttolenghi. If you haven’t made this salad try it, it is delicious. You can find the recipe on our blog of: Sep. 1, 2011. Click the date to get the recipe.

Doshi brought a very cute Berry Pie she baked, that was most patriotic.

Michael brought a Marble Cake and Halavah!

No comments: