Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Lentil Pasta

A Perfect Summer Drink: Gin and Tonic!
Tomato Salad with Burrata, Pesto and Bagel Chips

Lentil Pasta made with Candied Tomatoes
I went to the Silverlake Farmer’s Market and bought lots of Tomatoes. We wanted to make Lentil Pasta. This is a dish we always make in the summer. The key is making the Candied Tomatoes first. They are very easy and a great way to preserve tomatoes. You can find the recipe in our blog of: July 22, 2008. Click the date to get the recipe.


It was a hot night and I started with a delicious Gin and Tonic (although I don't need a perfect summer night to justify drinking one), using my favorite Gin: Old Tom. We then had a Tomato Salad, topped with Burrata and Pesto. We love the Bagel Chips from Joan’s on Third, and I used a few as Croutons in the salad.

No comments: