Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pork Roast and Potatoes with Aloo Gobi

Round and Round, Drip Drip

A beautiful plate!




Help! My Ice Cream is drowning in Kahlua!


For Krushna and Kashmera’s last dinner in the States, I decided to Rotisserie a 6 Bone Pork Roast. We dry-rubbed the Pork with Mozza's Fennel Rub (they sell it), Cathy added Fennel Powder to the rub. It was fantastic! Some of the best pork I have ever eaten. I really don’t know if I just got lucky in my grilling (I used lots of Apple Wood) or the pork from McCall’s Meat and Fish was an exceptional cut or if the Kitchen Gods just wanted to smile on me, no matter, it was great! We put a pan of Potatoes with Onions and some Balsamic in the bottom of the rotisserie and the potatoes cooked getting marinated by the pork drippings. Krushna made my all time favorite Indian dish: Aloo-Gobi (potatoes and Cauliflower). For dessert we served Ice Cream with Kahlua.  We had left over pork (yea!) that made for wonderful lunchtime Pork Sandwiches!

No comments: