Monday, July 27, 2026

Pork Tenderloin with Corn, Peaches And Lime










I had mixed feelings about the Pork Tenderloin with Corn, Peaches, and Lime. I liked all of the ingredients individually, and the combination of sweet peaches, corn, and lime sounded really appealing. The flavors worked well together, and the pork tenderloin tasted wonderful and came out very moist.

However, the pork did not develop the crispy, browned crust that I was hoping for. Maybe we simply did not brown it long enough, but I missed that rich, seared-meat flavor and texture. When I cut the tenderloin, the meat separated in places, which made it difficult to slice into neat, uniform pieces.
Overall, I enjoyed the flavors and appreciated how moist the pork was, but I would try browning it longer or at a higher temperature next time to get a better crust. With that adjustment, I think we would enjoy the recipe much more.

We started with Melon and Prosciutto Salad.

Pork Tenderloin with Corn, Peaches And Lime
From The New York Times
Ali Slagle

In this juicy and colorful skillet dinner inspired by lemongrass grilled pork, tenderloin roasts alongside corn kernels, which then get tossed with sweet peaches and crunchy cucumbers. The whole dish is tied together by the lime and fish sauce dressing, reminiscent of nuoc cham, and used twice: to coat the pork before roasting and to dress the salad. Accompany with lettuces, rice noodles, rice, soft herbs or a combination. Leftovers are wonderful at room temperature.

Ingredients
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
¼ cup lime juice (from 2 limes)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 to 3 bird's eye or serrano chiles, thinly sliced
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), silver skin removed, halved crosswise and patted dry
2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as avocado or grapeseed
2 cups corn kernels (from 2 ears, or frozen and unthawed)
2 firm peaches
2 Persian or mini seedless cucumbers
½ red onion
Salt

Preparation
Step 1
Heat oven to 400°F. Stir together lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce and chile until sugar dissolves. Coat the pork with 1 tablespoon of the sauce. Reserve the remaining sauce.

Step 2
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Brown the pork on all sides, 6–8 minutes. Turn off the heat, add remaining oil and the corn, stirring to coat. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until corn is tender and pork reaches 140°F, 10–14 minutes.

Step 3
Meanwhile, thinly slice the peaches, cucumbers and red onion.

Step 4
Rest pork at least 5 minutes, then thinly slice and lightly season with salt. Add the corn, peaches, cucumbers and onion to the reserved sauce, toss, season to taste, and serve over the sliced pork.

Tip
To remove the silver skin, slide a knife between the shiny membrane and the meat to create a flap. Pull the flap taut while slicing along its length until all of the silver skin is removed.

No comments: