Sunday, February 14, 2016

Smoked Salmon Cauliflower Puree





Tom stopped over to lend us a book. We invited him to dinner. I was Smoking a Salmon that we had purchased from McCall’s Meat and Fish. Salmon smokes so good in the Green Egg. The idea is to cook it at a low temperature, I try to keep the temperature between 175 – 200 degrees. In addition I throw Apple Wood Chips on the fire to flavor the smoke. Actually I don’t throw them directly on the fire. I soak them in water first, then I drain them, then I wrap them in aluminum foil leaving an opening at the top for the smoke to escape. You can get the recipe for the salmon on our blog of: January 15, 2009. Click the date to get the recipe.

We started with a Salad made from Apples and Young Greens. It was a very refreshing salad.


We made a Cauliflower Puree that I just loved to go under the salmon. We boiled Cauliflower and Garlic in salted water. When the Cauliflower was soft we drained it and then pureed the mixture adding Truffle Butter, Salt and Pepper. It was better than mashed potatoes. You could serve this anyplace you would normally serve mashed potatoes. Great discovery by Cathy.

No comments: