Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Chanukah

Latkes Frying

Pork after the Braising

Pork and Latkes

Happy Fressers

Nothing says Chanukah more than Potato Latkes, the traditional Jewish potato pancake. We invited Robert and Darryl to join us. The holiday requires a food fried in oil and this is usual choice. Mine weren’t very good this year, they didn’t hold together the way I like them to.

I made mine in our new large frying pan. Maybe that was the problem, it was All-Clad not cast iron. It could have been that I used too much potato and not enough flour. Maybe the problem was that the heat wasn’t high enough. Could be I didn’t use right ratio of flour to egg. However when I really think about it the problem was that I served the Potato Latkes with Boneless Pork Braised in Milk. Could I have crossed a cultural divide I shouldn’t have?


The Pork Braised in milk, which sounds so un-kosher, is one of our favorite preparations. You can find the recipe on our blog of: Oct. 17, 2011.

No comments: