Saturday, August 25, 2012

New Grill






I decided to make a Peach Pie. My Pie making skills have increased! However, if I keep on making pies, I am have to get larger clothes. We invited Darryl over for some pie and as I was grilling, a neighbor, Ester, was on her nightly walk. I invited her in for a drink and she decided to join us for dinner.

I have had a Weber Grill for a long time. Robert was at our house and mentioned that you can buy a heavy-duty cast iron grate for the grill. I didn’t know that. I bought one via Amazon (no tax until Sep 15). It makes a HUGE difference. I really am glad I have it.

We grilled Steaks from McCall’s Meat and Fish. They were a great test for the grill and had perfect grill marks when I removed them from the grill. I realize now that not only does the cast iron grill grate leave beautiful marks on the meat, but they retain the heat and help grill the meat faster.

I also grilled Corn on the grill. Once again we made: Lyonnaise Potatoes 
from Wolfgang Puck's Modern French Cooking for the American Kitchen. We love the potatoes. You can get the recipe from our blog of: June 23, 2012. Click the date to get the recipe.

By the way, the pie was delicious!

No comments: