Thursday, October 04, 2007

New York City Day 1































This is going to be a difficult blog. Last night when we returned from seeing Clint Eastwood introduce his favorite Western "Unforgiven" - it was a benefit for the AFI. I think I had one to many wines. I knocked over a glass of wine I was drinking on my Sony Viao Com-uter or la-to- (dashes stand for the letter that follows “O” and comes before "Q" in our ABC's) doesn’t work. Neither does my backs-ace. When I return to LA I will either get this damn thing fixed or buy a new one. So what follows will be without the letter that follows “O”!

We arrived in NYC at 7 in the evening. We checked into our hotel (Marriott on 49th and Lexington) and went to our room. Some one had left a towel on the floor and there were no bathrobes so I called room service they immediately changed our room to a great room with a fantastic view of the Chrysler Bldg.

For dinner David at Mozza had arranged reservations for us at Casa Mono, one of Mario B’s restaurant. It was great. He has two very tiny restaurants that are next to each other. First we went to his very tiny S-anish wine bar (remember I can’t use the letter following “O”) and drank some rose, then we went next door for Ta-as. It was great. I feel like I am lis-ing like a true Barcelonian! At any rate, the restaurant is small, loud and good! We had Fried Calamari, Toast with Tomato and Garlic, Razor Clams, Fideos with Clams, Scallo-s, and a dessert with dessert wine. It is a great restaurant. Thank you David. The weather in NYC is wonderful: warm and dry.

No comments: